Smoke Belching

I drove early to Polangui, Albay just this morning for some errands. While driving, I opened my front car windows to enjoy the cold and fresh air coming in. Suddenly, a rickety passenger bus passed me by and to my dismay, it literally made me ate its smoke.

A huge amount of thick smoke almost blinded my direction ahead and worse, some even entered in my car. I immediately pulled over for such incident did not just make my vehicle smell filthy but also irritated my eyes, made me sneeze continuously and even made me cough out. I instantly got my cellphone to take picture of the bus but it was too late - it was already too far for a good shot.

It is the State's policy to protect and advance our right to a balanced and healthful ecology, to attain and maintain a balance between development and environmental protection, and to maintain a quality of air that protects human health and welfare.

Under the Clean Air Act of 1999, the Department of Transportation and Communication (DOTC) through the Land Transportation Office (LTO) shall conduct a roadside inspection of vehicles found emitting excessive smoke while operating in any public highway.

But I haven't seen such authority doing so. If what happened was by chance, well then, i wasn't lucky enough to totally enjoy the fresh air and wonderful environment in the early hours of the day.

No comments: